Download Mondo Rescue
This is Free Software
Copyright (c) 2000-2013 Mondo Rescue is a copyrighted work, written collectively by many contributors, delivered under the GPL.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or later, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
We are interested in up to date mirrors for both the Web and FTP sites. Please contact us on the mailing list.
- afio: the packaging tool used to create the archive packets
- gzip: the most standard compressor used by Mondo Rescue
- mkisofs: the tool to create ISO images
- mindi-busybox: the swiss army knife busybox configured for mindi: a full set of commands in a single binary (embedded)
- mindi: the mini-distro builder part of the project
- mondo: the disaster recovery tool itself
For Mageia/Mandriva/Mandrake distributions, just use the magic:
urpmi mondo to use the native packages of your distribution, or download the repo file mondorescue.addmedia script and launch it if you want to use upstream packages.
For Fedora distributions, after downloading the repo file mondorescue.repo and adding it to the /etc/yum.repos.d directory, just use the magic:
yum install mondo
For Debian/Ubuntu, just use the magic:
apt-get install mondo to use the native packages of your distribution, or download the repo file mondorescue.sources.list and add it to your /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory if you want to use upstream packages.
For the other RPM based distributions, you will have to issue a
rpm -ivh *.rpm
in the directory containing all the required packages, and solve dependancies manually.
Mondo's FTP site is available at ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org
- tarballs are available under ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org/src
- Subversion browing available at http://trac.mondorescue.org/browser/
- Anonymous SVN Subversion check out of the project available with the following instruction set:
svn checkout svn://svn.mondorescue.org/mondorescue/devel
All the MondoRescue packages are built thanks to the Project-Builder.org tool.
Most of the time, you'll be able to download directly the packages suited for your distribution. Currently we provide packages for :
- RedHat 7.3, 9.
- Fedora Core 4, Core 5, Core 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1, 3, 4, 5, 6. (The same packages can be used for other RHEL clones such as CentOS, OEL, Scientific Linux, ...)
- Mageia 1, 2, 3.
- Mandriva 10.1, 10.2, 2006.0, 2007.0, 2007.1., 2008.0, 2008.1, 2009.0, 2009.1, 2010.0, 2010.1.
- OpenSuSE 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, 11.4, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3,. Look also at this web page for SuSE details. Packman may have some useful additional packages.
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10, 11.
- Asianux 2, 3.
- Debian 3.1, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.1. Look also at this web page for Debian details.
- Ubuntu 6.04, 7.04, 7.10, 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04.
- Gentoo nover.
Older packages are also on the ftp site to help for some old fashion distros/versions.
Test packages are also on the ftp site for people wanting to test latest versions and report their success/failures.